The Advantages and disadvantages of ARM motherboard and X86 motherboard
1. Power consumption: This is one of the biggest advantages of ARM motherboards. Generally, VIA X86 motherboards consume about 40W or more, and ARM motherboards have extremely low power consumption
2. Fever: The ARM motherboard does not generate heat. The temperature of the motherboard is generally normal temperature, so it can be started online and worked for many years without any problems. The X86 motherboard CPU must be equipped with a fan and cannot work for a long time. Reduce the overall performance life of the motherboard, the working life of the fan will also affect the life of the motherboard.
3. Boot time: The boot speed of the ARM motherboard is very fast, usually only a few seconds, and the X86 requires a period of time for the Windows system to start.
4. Performance: At present, the performance of the ARM motherboard is getting closer and closer to the X86 motherboard, and even surpasses it in some aspects. From the aspects of video multimedia and data communication, it is basically similar to the X86.
5. Working hours and environment: ARM motherboards are not limited by time and can always be turned on to work without personnel to maintain, and in the event of a power outage, as long as an incoming call, it will automatically start, no personnel need to start or shut down, while X86 motherboard It requires personnel maintenance and can not work for a long time, otherwise the life of the motherboard will be greatly reduced.
Environment: ARM motherboards are generally industrial-grade and are not affected by the environment. The minimum temperature can be about -20 degrees Celsius and the maximum temperature can be about 70 degrees Celsius. X86 is generally not acceptable.
6. Data security: ARM motherboards are highly integrated. Data is generally stored inside FIASH, all in binary format, and external data cannot be copied directly. The biggest advantage is that the current ARM motherboard systems are all LINUX systems. Will not be infected by the virus, customers do not need to worry about virus infection leading to data leakage, especially some places with high requirements for data security. ARM motherboards are very suitable and X86 is just the opposite. Because they use Windows XP, 2000 and other common systems, Moreover, a DOM disk or hard disk is used, so the data is easily infected by a virus or stolen, so the security cannot be compared.
7. Motherboard security: The memory of the ARM motherboard and all the chips are mounted in a patch method, so it will not loose under the surrounding environment vibration, and the X86 uses a direct insertion method, such as memory modules and DOM disks, so Once the time is long, loosening will occur and affect the system operation.
8. Flexibility: The ARM motherboard can be flexibly configured according to the needs of the user, such as LOGO, memory size, system drive reduction, surrounding chip reduction, system software loading, etc. Whether the software and hardware are very flexible, this will It greatly reduces the cost of customers and the overall maintenance cost and performance of the system, which X86 cannot do. Peng Teng Kesai industrial tablet can be configured according to user needs.
9. Price: The current price of the ARM motherboard is very low, and the ARM motherboard already contains memory and storage media. There is no need to purchase external accessories, so the overall system cost is much lower than the price of X86.
1. The biggest disadvantage is that the current ARM motherboards are all based on Linux, so for many customers, the original X86 platform was adopted. At present, to adjust to ARM, the software platform must be recompiled and adjusted. Look at the working mechanism of ARM's embedded platform, so it will increase the development workload in the early stage
2. Another point is that at present, there are not many domestic manufacturers of ARM motherboard Android system including USB, RS232, RJ45 peripherals. Andriod4.0 system is currently an Internet system, which is an open source system and rich in secondary development resources.
Conclusion: Through the above comparison, we basically conclude that the use of embedded ARM motherboards to replace X86 motherboards is already a trend in many places. If customers' cost pressure, performance pressure, power consumption, security and other aspects can be considered, Should use an ARM motherboard.