At present, there are several types of touch screens,
which are: resistive (double-layer), surface capacitive and capacitive sensing, surface acoustic wave, infrared, and bending wave, active digitizer, and optical imaging. . They can be divided into two categories. One needs ITO, such as the first three touch screens, and the other does not
require ITO in the structure, such as the latter several screens.
In the current market, resistive touch screens and capacitive touch screens using ITO materials are the most widely used.
In the design of touch screen products, performance and cost need to be weighed. The cost of resistive touch screens is low, competition is fierce, and there are limitations in performance and application.
1. The capacitive touch screen only needs to touch without the need for pressure to generate signals.
2. The capacitive touch screen needs only one or no correction after production, and the resistance technology requires regular correction.
3. The capacitance scheme will last longer because the components in the capacitive touch screen do not need any movement. In a resistive touch screen, the upper ITO film needs to be thin enough to be flexible so as to bend down and touch the underlying ITO film.
4. Capacitive technology is superior to resistive technology in light loss and system power consumption.
5. The choice of capacitive or resistive technology depends primarily on the object that touches the screen. If it is a finger touch, capacitive touch screen is a better choice. If a stylus is needed, whether it is plastic or metal, a resistive touch screen can do the job. Capacitive touch screens can also use styluses, but they require a special stylus to match.
6. The surface capacitance type can be used for large-size touch screens, and the phase cost is also low, but gesture recognition cannot be supported at present; the sense capacitance type is mainly used for small and medium size touch screens and can support gesture recognition.
7. Capacitive technology is wear-resistant and has a long life. When users use it, maintenance costs are low, so the overall operating costs of the manufacturer can be further reduced.