The main functions of the payment gateway include decrypting the data packets transmitted from the Internet, and repackaging the data according to the communication protocol inside the banking system; receiving the response information sent back from the banking system, converting the data into the data format transmitted by the Internet, and It performs encryption, that is, the payment gateway mainly performs communication, protocol conversion, and data encryption and decryption functions to protect the bank's internal network.
Specifically, the bank can use the payment gateway to achieve the following functions:
(1) Configure and install the Internet payment function;
(2) Avoid modification of existing host systems;
(3) System management using an intuitive user graphical interface;
(4) Adapt to electronic payment methods such as debit cards, electronic checks, electronic cash, and microelectronics payments;
(5) Provide complete merchant payment processing functions, including authorization, data capture, settlement and reconciliation;
(6) Monitor online activities by tracking reports on transactions on the Internet;
(7) By using RSA public key encryption and SET protocol, the security of network transactions can be ensured;
(8) The payment processing process of the Internet is consistent with the current payment processor's business model, ensuring consistency in the management of the merchant information, and providing an opportunity for the payment processor to enter the Internet transaction processing.