How to choose a cash register in the catering industry
Customers choosing a cash register system must be based on four principles:
1. According to business industry (for example: retail industry, catering industry, service industry, etc.). Different industries have different requirements for hardware and software. Divided by business process. For example: catering industry-fast food-divided into two types: counter type and table type. Then there is the business area and the number of single products
2. It depends on the manager's degree of management sophistication. Specifically, what data the manager wants to manage and understand through the cash register. For example: manage the sale, purchase and sale of goods, or purchase, sale and inventory, or purchase, sale and inventory cost and gross profit analysis, and even supplier management, waiter commission and so on.
3. The overall investment budget and the degree of fine management are directly proportional to the investment.
4. Computer skills of users and managers. If the customer wants to use a computer-based cash register system, this factor must be considered, otherwise the system will not achieve the desired effect
At present, most of the cash registers on the market have certain catering management functions. The functional indicators written in the introduction are also fully functional, but in fact, these functions cannot withstand scrutiny, so that customers can't use them at all.
Let's briefly say a few points:
1. Input of dishes
One of the biggest reasons restricting the use of cash registers in the catering industry is that cashiers must memorize the number of dishes when using the cash register. And this is the bottleneck of the second-class cash register. The shortcode or mnemonic code commonly used for computer software sales should be used. For example: Yuxiang pork shreds, just input "YXRS". This function breaks through the bottleneck of the cash register in the catering industry that requires the cashier to carry the number of the dish.
2. Kitchen printing
It is not a kitchen printing system that can connect to a receipt printer to issue orders from the kitchen. The real cooking system must do the following
－Three styles of kitchen printing can be selected: small list (one dish, one paper, as a production list), table entire list (one table, one list, as a single kitchen draw menu or menu), category entire list (according to the order The stalls are issued separately as a menu for multiple kitchens)
－Print backup function, the cash register can capture the error status of the kitchen printer (out of paper, online, etc.) at any time. Once the printing fails, it cannot crash or lose the menu. It must be backed up from its own receipt printer.
3. Waiter management
－It must be allowed to choose different waiters for different dishes in the same table. It is not the waiter who can change the waiter in the same table, but the cashier.
-Waiter detailed report, the reason is that the use of waiter management function must be waiter commission management. If the waiter report has no details but only the total amount, it is actually useless.
There are three reasons for these reasons
1. The most important thing is that developers are out of touch with the market and customers. Do not know the real needs of industry customers at all. It's an imitation behind closed doors and shoddy work.
2. The developer's software and hardware level is poor
3. The idea of a businessman, as a manufacturer of a businessman, only wants to bring immature things to the market as soon as possible. Rather than the practice of technology-based manufacturers.